Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone - Christine Warren The last time I read her book was three years ago. Yes, three long years. And it was book 8th of The Others series. Hungry Like a Wolf. It was one of my favorite book from her Other series. I love Logan, and when it was revealed that he had a thing for Missy, but she was into Graham, I cried a little. When that book was published I was so happy. It was the best way to for him to have his HEA.

As I write this review, I cannot help but think that series. It was one of my “To-Go” series if I got saturated with too much PNR. I love how the lines were delivered and the humor in them.

The Gargoyle series of hers was a series I was trying to avoid to read. Namely because during that time there was just book one. And since it will be an ongoing series, I had to stop myself from reading them. I was able to stumbled upon the 4th book on NetGalley. I requested it, and the approved. Hence, reading the series.

Heart of Stone, opens our world with a different side. Guardians; that looked like gargoyles; needs to wake up to save us from the Darkness. Cool, don’t you think so? I like how the opening of the book was directed. The humor of Ella was something. Even during the battle events, I can still feel her inserted humor.

I like Kees, though, I have to admit, that there are times that I want to smack his head. But what can I say? He lived in a different time period, and he does not even lived on the same plane as us. So, yeah, I can understand the big guy.

What really drew me to like the book was the realization of Kees. His feelings that he tried to stop, made the book frustrating at the same time endearing. The hot and cold treatment was working, that I would find myself flinching at his actions.

As I write this review, I am actually down to the fourth chapter of book two. I had to open another window to write this. As for its review? I might put it up on Monday. Provided that I have enough time to write it. But I will put it up.