When a Laird Finds a Lass (A Highland Fairytale)

When a Laird Finds a Lass (A Highland Fairytale) - Lecia Cornwall An ARC was given to me by the Marketing & Publicity Associate of St. Martin's Press and the widget was made available by NetGalley.

This is the second story of the MacLeod sisters. There are seven of them all, and too early to conclude if the whole series would be about theses sisters. But boy, the way the fairy tale are incorporated are really nice.

This one, well, how should I start? A lawyer that becomes a laird out of duty, something he never expected. A romantic whose views about love were shattered when the reality of the world was a bit too much. She did not kill herself, but rather she wanted to come back home. Unfortunately, she lost her memories in the process.

I like how the continuation for the charterers from book one to book two was somehow connected. It gives the series continuity.

As the overall story?

It was sweet. Very simple and very nicely done. The reference of the “Little Mermaid” kinda had a little effect on me, but it was an interesting mash up. I am still waiting for the rest of the sisters’ story. I wonder, what kind of Fairy Tale will be next?