Hard to Handle (Gargoyles Series)

Hard to Handle (Gargoyles Series) - Christine Warren ~ARC was provided via NetGalley for honest review.~

As the 5th book of the Gargoyles Series. I find this good. Good in terms of the continuity of the story so far. We are given a chance to look at how the other characters for the previous books are faring. So far, everything and everyone of them are doing their best to destroy the Darkness.

This book in particular? I find it so-so. The level of excitement I feel whenever i read one of Ms. Warren'd book was not there. The way Ash was created was something but there was a missing link or a missing emotion as I read the book. The love story between Drum and her was pretty good. However, let's just say that i got used to the way she wrote "Others."

I miss the lines. I miss how her characters came to life by the lines they say to each other and to the people around them. Yes, this is a complete different story and plot, but the narration of both of the main characters left me wishing for more.I feel as though more should be said between Ash and Drum.

The fight scenes? Wow those were intense! I liked it. The details were good that I do not want to imagine what their opponent looked like. I feel as though I will have nightmares for the next few days if i do.

All in all, the book has its up and downs. But it does not demote it. It give us readers reasons to see how will it address, and how will the next book fare. I for one, would gladly wait for the next one.