The Rock

The Rock - Monica McCarty I was permitted to read an ARC provided by NetGalley and Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books. Thank you for giving me a chance!

This is really an expected book for me in the whole series. I wasn't able to comprehend why it was written, not until i read the latter part of the book. It was like ~oh-so-that-is-the-reason~ and it made sense. Thom fits in with the rest of the Gurad as if he was there from the very start of the series, It was really nicely written.

As for the love story of the book, i wanted to scream in frustration! Thom's feeling was out in the open from the very beginning, from the end. Yes, there were moments where in his anger was justified but, who can blame him? Given the situation, i would also be in such state. On Ella's part, i can understand where she got the sense of duty she felt. During those times, it was really frowned upon, no wonder people during those times prefer duty over love, and the mistress and the illegitimate children...

That being said, the way Ella's reasoning really did not bode well on me. She was a bit weak for me, and i guess i did not like how she tried to rationalize with her own emotions. I love how Thom words were written, they were so heartfelt that it was impossible not to fall for such a guy. The real shocking part about this book was Bruce nephew. He was such a good man. The same with Thom ability to climb. He was awesome!

All in all, the book was nicely put together. The plot still continues to and the Epilogue was slight different from the rest of the books in the series. I can't wait to read the last book!

Thank you, Ms. Monica McCarty!