Sutherland's Secret: A Highland Pride Novel

Sutherland's Secret: A Highland Pride Novel - Sharon Cullen I received and ARC from Netgalley to give an honest review. Thank you!

I love reading historical, although i am a bit choosy on the author that i would be. I would normally read a Garwood book or Maya Banks, or Monica McCarty but, Ms. Cullen certainty made it to my list.

I love how the book was written. The focus was on the story rather than the history behind it. Yes, the history included on the book was true. But i will not claimed to be an expert because i'm not from those countries. Being in the Philippines have it's drawbacks.

With that said, let's go back to the book. It was a really interesting reading for me. I like how the characters took shape. How they interacted to another and how they change as the book comes to and end. They were really well developed.

Eleanor Hirst, being who she is really had a change of heart after what happen to her. I cannot blame her, nor she is the one to receive such scorn. The courage she displayed was outstanding that her only downfall on my part was the hiding into shadows thing. I was kinda funny, but at the same time, it shows caution.

Brice Sutherland, now, he is a typical Highlander that made me really like the book. I don't have much to say to him, because i have read books about Highlander, and he is just like them. Rough, tough, but the gentleness they show...I am truly speechless.

The ending was a bit a cliff hanger for me, okay, so I admit, it was good, but i would really love to see a very good ending, I just hope that on the second book, they will be mentioned. That would really put my mind at ease.