Beauty and the Highland Beast: A Highland Fairy Tale

Beauty and the Highland Beast: A Highland Fairy Tale - Lecia Cornwall Titi Oluwo , emailed me a link for this book so I can access it at NetGalley. So, I would like to thank the publisher and the person who gave me the link for this book.

In all honesty, this book has a wonderful story, or theme, alas, sometimes they are not enough to really stick into the overall appeal of the book.

The fairy tale concept is there but, the way it was presented a bit dull of me. Don’t get me wrong, I love Scottish stories. There is just something about a man in kilt that makes them irresistible whether they are scared or not. But in this story, I felt like the Dair still needs to grow more.

The tragedy that made him look as he was, broke my heart. Even when the people in the book were calling him mad, he is still the man that he was, albeit broken. His progress from a broken man to the man at the end of the book was nice. But felt that he could be more. That he should be the man he was before the tragedy. Yes, the scars would never fade, but it should made him a stronger and strive to live. However, for me his strive to live is a bit shallowed for me. I love the boat scene, but I was expecting more of those things…

Fia? Oh I love her! The way she was created was the perfect counterpart for ma n like Dair. She is scared but her beauty is shown within. This is one of the reasons why I liked this book…the next one? Her cat! As a cat person myself, I love how Bel interacts with the rest of the book characters.

The other plot was a bit force, although it is common to have a subplot like that due to the significant of the situation. But it was too force…

The ending? Love it.