Hero in the Highlands: A No Ordinary Hero Novel

Hero in the Highlands: A No Ordinary Hero Novel - Suzanne Enoch I would like to thank NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the chance to read a book from this author.

I was somehow bored when I first opened this book. It was war time and I was actually thinking that this is all about it. However, as I came to the last part of the prologue imagine my surprise when the news was delivered.

I like how the story was developed. I like how the hero and the heroine tried to do what is right for the people living in a cursed place. But moreover, I like how one man who is used to war change because he loved.

Don’t get me wrong, it might look like a normal occurrence to some, but the underlying fact that a solider will always be a solider is somehow lost in this book. Gabriel wanted to change and that he did.
I was actually wondering why it was like that, but as I read the overall of the book, I realize that the main concern of the book was more on how a man, who is used to have the simplest things turned out to be a Duke and suddenly, he has almost everything money could buy. I was expecting something dramatic, but I got a simple man, with a simple needs. And a woman determined to help her clansman.

The romance in the book was simple and it did not need too much attention, well for me that is. I more focus on the physiology of each of them rather than the budding romance. Yes, it is a historical romance, but being able to separate each of the elements in the book is good too.

Over all, the effect was good, and I cannot wait for the next book in the series.